Although I do love my turkey and bison burgers, I have recently started to test out a few different burger options that are meat-free…so all of you vegetarians out there—Read On!
Chickpea Vegetable Burger
- 1 Can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tsp. minced garlic or 1 clove chopped
- 3 Tsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tsp. almond butter (you can use any seed/nut butter of choice)
- A few dashes of NuSalt (salt-free salt) and pepper
- 1 Cup fresh spinach
- 1 Tsp. Miso
- 1 Tsp. Ground flax seed (can also use wheat germ)
Combine the above ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture thickens-be careful to not “over-blend” until mixture is smooth.
Place mixture in fridge for 30 minutes to firm and chill.
Remove from fridge. Form mixture into patties or balls, whichever you prefer. Spray nonstick cooking spray onto a skillet and cook patties over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes- then flip for another 5 minutes on the other side.
Serve onto toasted buns or English muffins with kale, onion, sprouts and tomatoes! Top with SoyaKass Gluten Free/ Lactose Free Cheddar Cheese. Use condiments of your choice.
Black Bean Burgers
- 1 Can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tsp. Amy’s Organic Salsa (Bean and Corn flavor)
- 1 cup crushed Bran crackers (you can also use bran cereals)
- 1 Tsp. Wheat germ
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (mashed) (you can use any nut/seed you prefer)
- 2 Tsp. Cilantro
- A Dash of Nu-Salt (Salt-free salt) and pepper
Simply mash the above ingredients together into patties or ball forms, whichever you prefer. Spray nonstick cooking sheet with cooking spray and place burgers onto sheet.
Bake at 425 degrees for 30 min total. After 15 minutes flip burgers. Top with SoyaKaas Gluten Free/Dairy Free Monterrey Jack Cheese.
Enjoy! These burgers pair nicely with my butternut squash fries and/ or sweet potato fries.
Butternut Squash Fries
- Slice squash in half and seed insides
- Peal the outer layer and slice into “fry-like” shapes
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place fries onto sheet
- Sprinkle with your choice of spices: Cinnamon (Sweet), Chili Powder (Salty), etc.
- Bake fries for a total of 40-45 minutes at 450 degrees. Flip fries after 20 minutes. If you like your fries extra crispy-keep them in the oven longer.
Enjoy! Serve with Organic Ketchup.
Sweet Potato Fries
- Simply follow the recipe above, however, substitute sweet potatoes for the squash.
All together now, this makes a wonderful dish: Pair the bean burger with your choice of fries and a side of steamed vegetables for a well rounded, healthy meal.