Now that the holidays are over perhaps we can move on to our next celebration, shall we?
And before Valentine’s Day rolls around next month, we’ve gotta Super Bowl to watch.
While ordering my Fresh Direct delivery last week, I couldn’t help but think of what to make for a healthy Super Bowl party. That’s the beauty of food shopping online; it’s quick, it’s easy and it doesn’t take venturing out of your Manhattan apartment into the freezing cold.
Just 1, 2, 3 and it’s done.
Signed, sealed, delivered.
So, what exactly did I order?
A whole lot.
Everything from fresh fiber-filled organic veggies and herbs to fresh shrimp, tofu and beans for some hearty protein.
My favorites? Their organic eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and of course, their shrimp. I don’t know about you but it’s not so easy to find good shrimp and boy o’ boy did Fresh Direct hit it on the bulls eye. They were tender and delish.
Heck, I even created some fun tiny tacos and a mini pizza with corn tortillas.
Well, not much more fun than I had alone in my kitchen whipping up these 10 tasty recipes.
You’ve got three weeks. That’s right 3 solid weeks to perfect these 10 fun finger food recipes for game day.
So, what are you waiting for?
And since I was inspired by all of these amazing fresh ingredients, I thought I’d lend some of my trusted recipes to you for a lil’ inspiration to get your juices flowing just in time for the big game day.
It may be three long weeks away but I know you’re already wondering what you’ll serve those hungry boys n’ gals crowding around your big ol’ flat screen TV.
- Eggplant fries (sliced eggplant sprinkled with olive oil, flax seeds, baked at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes)
- Arugula and fig pizza (corn tortillas topped with arugula, figs and hemp seeds baked at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes)
- Stuffed mushrooms (button mushrooms stuffed with gluten-free bread crumbs and oats baked at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes)
- Mini veggie tacos (corn tortillas filled with veggies of choice, salsa and guacamole)
- BBQ mini bean burgers with chipotle sauce (black beans mixed with BBQ sauce, ground cashews and chipotle peppers; grilled)
- Creamy squash guacamole (yellow squash, grape tomatoes, cilantro and avocado mashed together)
- Grilled coriander shrimp (shrimp tossed with olive oil, cilantro and coriander; grilled)
- Spicy zucchini cole slaw (shredded cabbage mixed with zucchini, onions, carrots chili powder, sea salt and pepper)
- Grilled tofu bites on skewers (1 block of extra firm tofu, marinated and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, placed onto skewers with veggies; grilled)
- White bean pecan dip (White beans , olive oil, fresh basil and pecans pureed in a food processor)
I’m honored and excited to announce that I was named one of Bing’s Top Food Blogs.
And I’ll be presenting at the NYC Kid’s Food Festival on Sunday January 22nd at 3:00 at Bryant Park.
What’s your go-to Super Bowl recipe?