‘Tis the season for healthy gluten-free desserts!
Here’s an easy recipe that I created using Bob’s Red Mill’s new gluten-free pie crust. I just found it in the stores and I’m ready to buy 10 more bags.
And I think you will be, too!
No more frozen pie crusts, no more spending hours making dull, flaky crusts. Nope. Those days are gone, folks.
This pie crust mix is super easy to use and so tasty. Yes you heard me correctly: gluten-free yummy pie crust. It’s true. And then you can run to tell your friends how easy (and delish) gluten free recipes can be.
I’ve been using this pie crust to create lots of pies for the upcoming holiday season but this was my favorite recipe so I wanted to share it with all of you.
I’m using fresh and colorful cranberries and peaches along with pumpkin seeds and a dash of cinnamon for flavor.
And I’m making a fabulous galette. I’ve never made one of these babies before but boy o’ boy are they pretty and SO yummy.
This recipe is so appropriate for Thanksgiving or Christmas and can be whipped up in no time. It’s not one of those ‘slave in the kitchen’ recipes so you can thank me for that later when your guests are asking for another slice.
I’m pumpkin seed obsessed so I’ve been adding it to everything lately from oatmeal to muffins and I thought I’d toss a few into this recipe, too. Super crunchy and O’ what a nice flavor combination when joined along with peaches and cranberries. So festive yet so healthy.
The holidays are one of my favorite times of the year. And since I love baking with fruit- I thought, why not add some to make my dessert naturally sweet? This way you’re eating your vitamins and indulging at the same time.
Why the heck not, right?
- 16 oz. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pie Crust, prepared and chilled
- 1½ cups organic cranberries
- 3 medium peaches, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. organic sugar, plus 1 tsp. for sprinkling on crust
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp. almond paste
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp. powdered sugar, optional
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions. Roll prepared crust between two sheets of parchment paper to ⅙-inch thickness.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Gently unfold and lay out pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, gently combine cranberries, peaches and sugar, then transfer to a strainer to release any extra juice. Return to the bowl and add vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes; toss to combine.
- Spread almond paste on the center of the unfolded pie crust and transfer the cranberry mixture on top of it in the center of the crust, leaving a 2 inch border on the edges.
- Fold up the borders over the fruit, then brush the egg white onto the crust and sprinkle crust with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm with powdered sugar.