The other day I was thinking about how much you guys LOVED my Crispy Quinoa Bites and Mini Morning Egg Bites recipes … So I started developing other ideas for fun bite-sized easy vegetarian recipes – like these black rice bites – that you can pop into your mouth and enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack!
I love these little bites because they’re so easy to make, last for 4-5 days in the fridge and taste fabulous when eaten plain or with a drizzle of gluten-free tomato sauce. O yes. I did.
These bites have been a staple on my client’s menu for awhile now so they’re always excited when I whip up another variation of my original recipe.
These little bites taste great and keep my clients full – whether they are just a snack or even a meal. I’ve served them with guacamole, hummus and obviously tomato sauce but my favorite is by far the tomato sauce. You can use these fun dipping sauces! Kids love to use their fingers and dip them into the guac or the hummus. I, too love to use my fingers like a child and dip them into the tomato sauce. Mmmmmmmm.
All you have to do is toss the ingredients into a large bowl; mix them together and pop them into a muffin tin for a few minutes to bake in the oven. I could eat these all day long.
They are addicting and so filling, too!
If you haven’t used your muffin tin for anything other than sugary muffins or cupcakes …. well then you’re in for a real treat. And bonus … these black rice bites make great snacks for traveling and are perfect to pack when you need an afternoon snack for the kiddies! Pack a few extra for yourself because you’re going to love every bite of these guys.
I hope you love them as much as I do. They’ll last for 4-5 days in the fridge in a sealed glass container so you can have quick meals or snacks ready for your week!
Pretty versatile, aren’t they?
O yea and they’re super cute, too.
I bet you can’t eat just one.
- 1 cups organic black rice
- 2 cups purified water
- 1/2 cup organic egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. organic salsa
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/3 cup fresh organic baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh organic parsley
- 1 cup dairy-free vegan cheese such as GO Veggie! Vegan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/6 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook black rice in 2 cups of boiling water a large pot on the stove top over medium heat. Cover and cook until tender, approximately 20-25 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice with egg whites, salsa, flour, spinach, parsley, cheese, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Transfer mixture into the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned on top. Let cool five minutes then remove from muffin tin. Serve warm.