Okay, you caught me.
I’m officially obsessed with using my ice cream scooper to make cookies.
I just couldn’t help it.
They’re just so darn cute.
And the gingerbread flavor just makes them TDF. (Ta die for, obviously).
Don’t ya think?
I mean come on, we’re all used to making gingerbread cookies out of cookie cutter people or gingerbread houses. So, why not get a lil’ creative and make a few gingerbread scoops that you can pop into your mouth without worrying about those ginger people snapping in half. Plus, the raisins on my gingerbread women always went bad so fast and I had to pluck ‘em off anyway.
So this way you don’t have to worry about decorating any ginger people.
These gingerbread cookies are just a lil’ scoop. A cute finger-food scoop that will cure your sweet tooth in a mere second.
There’s something special about gingerbread. It’s sweet without the added sugar. Kinda like cinnamon but a lil’ more subtle.
I’d actually recommend eating one of these guys for breakfast in the morning with some fresh jam. Why not? It’s kinda like eating a muffin or scone but ten times better.
Just make sure to pour yourself a nice glass of almond milk on the side. It really makes the whole experience a whole lot better. Kinda like in the movies. Hehe.
You heard me. Cookies for breakfast. It doesn’t get much better than that. Especially on a Friday.
This gluten free gingerbread recipe is super easy to throw together and not overly sweet, which makes it great for breakfast… or mid-afternoon snack or dessert… or just because.
This was actually my first attempt at baking gingerbread cookies. I’ve always been deterred from them in the past because I never wanted to spend the extra five minutes on using ginger people cookie cutters and then decorating them. There I said it.
But guess what? These cookies are totally worth every second it takes to make ‘em, scoop em and bake ‘em. In fact, I think baking these spurred a deep love for gingerbread and I can forsee a whole lotta gingerbread coming in the future.
These cookies remind me of summer ice cream scoops; they’re fun and playful and just make me smile. So, go ahead and smile. O, and these taste a whole lot better when baked in your pajamas on a Saturday morning.
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page starting December 1st where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’ll be giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- ½ cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2½ cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp. Simply Organic Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Simply Organic Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Frontier Organic All-Spice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. Simply Organic Cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, molasses and honey. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into small balls and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.