Okay so apparently I’m still in Thanksgiving mode. But hey, you can have a sweet potato pie for Christmas, too, can’t ya?
I thought so.
I’m still eating sweet potatoes on sale so I thought I’d toss ’em into a pretty pie for you guys today. Anyone care to join? Come on over.
I honestly can’t think of a better creation than mashed sweet potatoes tossed into a pie crust. It’s just as easy as pumpkin pie but has such more flavor.
It kinda makes you forget chocolate is your first love.
And makes you forget about all the money you spent last week on Black Friday and your jam-packed holiday to-do list.
And it’s makes you forget you’ll have to do an hour of yoga to fit into your skinny jeans later.
Even if you’re a pumpkin pie fan, I can almost guarantee you’ll like this pie. It’s soft and light with the most irresistible crust and just a hint of cinnamon- it’s just perfect. It’s got a bit of an old fashioned charm to it, doesn’t it?
Kinda rustic but in a delicious kinda way. Not they dirty rustic kinda way. Hehe.
You also don’t have to make a pie out of this recipe. If you don’t have a crust handy, you can easily pour the filling into tiny ramekins and bake away. The pie is pretty, thought…but let’s be honest, I’m a sucker for anything that involves sweet potato.
My tiny ramekin idea would be perfect for a dinner party. How cute would they be? If you decide to make them, please invite me over.
And if you decide to make this for Christmas, you’re a rock-star.
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’ll be giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- 4 large sweet potatoes cooked, peeled and cooled
- 4 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. Simply Organic All-Spice
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk such as So Delicious
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Almond Extract
- 1 9 inch gluten-free pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potato flesh and butter until creamy. Stir in remaining filling ingredients; mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into prepare pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes before serving.