This is one of those summer recipes that you can whip up in under five minutes.
It’s an incredibly simple dish and I’ve been enjoying it (beyond words) over the past few weeks.
I just can’t help but share the love here, folks … I make easy vegetarian recipes every week- but this one’s a keeper!
Sheeehhhh- it’s been hot in Manhattan and all I want is salad. How’s the weather by you? I’ve been dodging the heat for the air-conditioned food stores here in NYC every day.
And after spending hours soaking up the cool air in Whole Foods Market last week, I landed upon their fabulous organic berries that looked so plump and perfect. Next thing I knew it was an hour later and I was at the register purchasing four pints of their pretty organic blueberries.
Ha. Time flies when you’re having fun.
Am I the only one that has fun in Whole Foods Market? I swear I could live there. I’d pull up a sleeping bag right between the avocados and the zucchini.
Anyway, back to this healthy salad recipe … I’ve been craving this sweet salad every afternoon since I bought those berries.
All you need is some fresh lettuce (I love Earthbound Farms), organic blueberries, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, coconut flakes and fresh cilantro!
I know I’ve chatted with you before about my love affair with summer salads. Sweet, fresh, organic summer salads….Ahhhhhhh.
Aren’t they the best?
Grab a large bowl and a whisk away.
Fill up your bowl with these simple organic ingredients and you’re on your way to salad heaven.
Now, don’t forget your sunscreen!
Have a great week. I hope the sun is shining for all of you today. (I’m headed back to Whole Foods Market for more organic blueberries and air conditioning!)
And if you wanna get in on the Whole Foods Market goodness, head on over to my facebook page today for a $75 Gift Certificate Giveaway to any of their stores. You can leave a comment on this post to enter! I’ll be picking a winner tonight.
- 4 cups organic mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh organic berries (blueberries and/or strawberries)
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. shredded coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp. fresh lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and blueberries; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, melted olive oil, sea salt, pepper, cilantro and coconut flakes; pour over salad greens. Add pumpkin and sesame seeds; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh lemon zest.
- Serve chilled.