Last night I decided to cook up a few sweet potatoes that I purchased at the market this past weekend. They were absolutely delicious and I will be making these again soon! Although the weather is starting to get warmer, these sweet potatoes are just as tasty when eaten at room temperature or chilled in the fridge.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Dollop of Tofutti Dairy Free Sour Cream, topping
- Dollop of Amy’s Organic Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1/4 cup Bran Cracker Crumbs (Mashed high fiber cracker crumbs or Whole wheat bread crumbs)
- Chives, diced
- Nu-Salt and Pepper
- 1 can Amy’s Organic Traditional Re-fried Beans
- 2 Scallions, diced
- SoyaKaas Gluten free/Dairy free Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Fresh Avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- Handfull of Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cook sweet potatoes in the oven or microwave until soft enough to hollow out the insides. Remove the inside “Orange” part of the potato and keep the skin and a portion of the inside to preserve the shape
- In a bowl, combine 1 can re-fried beans, salsa, avocado, bran crumbs, lime juice, scallions, Nu-Salt and pepper; mix well. Scoop this mixture into each potato skin. Top with SoyaKaas cheddar cheese shavings.
- Place each stuffed potato on aluminum foil on a cooking sheet. Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until center is warm.
- Top with a dollop of Tofutti sour cream and chives
- For the final touch–sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!