You simply cannot go wrong with a gluten-free bread stuffing, especially when its enlivened with fresh sage, white balsamic vinegar and dried cherries. Chunks of bread, golden and crisp on top, soak up turkey stock and buttery juices from the sautéed onions and celery.
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripened avocado, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups gluten-free bread, chopped into cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1 Tbsp. sage, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Sea salt and crushed white pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Over medium heat, cook onion and celery in a large skillet with olive oil, salt and pepper; stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with bread cubes, dried cherries, white balsamic vinegar, mashed avocado, celery leaves, and sage. Set aside to cool for five minutes.
- Whisk together vegetable broth and egg in a large bowl. Gently toss with bread mixture until absorbed.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake, covered with foil for about 45 minutes.
In The News This Week…
Sodium Reduction- A Top Trend
Relaxation Snacks- A Trend for 2010
Whole Foods Endorses Healthy Lunches