Continuing with my fall harvest theme, I have created a delectable Pumpkin Bread Pudding that will knock your socks off, leaving your taste buds yearning for more. I was excited to use a fresh loaf of Nature’s Pride Soft 100% Whole Wheat bread, which has an incredible consistency and is perfectly suited for bread pudding. Thanks to the pumpkin, whole wheat and ground flax, this tasty treat packs a healthy dose of beta carotene, whole grains and fiber.
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 can can canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 5 slices of Nature’s Pride Soft 100% Whole Wheat bread, cut into cube-like pieces
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped in food processor
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Dash of sea salt
- Plain Greek yogurt, for topping
- Ground flax seeds, for topping
- Handful of fresh mint, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, pumpkin, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly add in milk; mix well.
- Fold in Nature’s Path Soft 100% Whole Wheat bread cube piece, chopped macadamia nuts and dried cherries.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Slowly fold egg whites into the bread mixture.
- Transfer into a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Serve warm with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, fresh mint and a sprinkle of ground flax seeds.