Eggs are by far my favorite breakfast.
They’re just so darn good.
I can remember when I was a young girl and my mother taught me how to make sunny side up eggs- I thought I was so cool.
I invited my grandma over just to make ’em for her- and they were a bit too runny and undercooked but I was still proud.
Then came the hard boiled eggs.
And deviled eggs.
And then omelets.
And egg bakes.
But just recently I thought…why not make some cute little Egg Muffins?
Actually my muffin tin was staring at me screaming please ‘use me’.
So I did.
I made this fun lil’ easy egg recipe just for you.
Because it’s perfect for the kids when they’re in a rush to catch the school bus…
And convenient for you to pop into your mouth before you head out the door for work…
(Coffee does not count as breakfast, people). I repeat, please eat something.
They’re also perfect to toss into a ziploc bag and enjoy with a dollop of guacamole when your hunger strikes at 3PM.
Do the kiddies need a little snikkity snack before soccer practice?
How about a bite of these protein-packed babies?
A little bit of egg, some fresh herbs, carrots, cherry tomatoes and your all set.
Like I said, the key word here is Easy.
O, and they’re pretty gosh darn tasty too.
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach cooked
- 1 large Roma tomato diced
- 4 whole large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 medium Vidalia onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with egg whites. Add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray. Pour egg mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack.