Not quite sure how to introduce these magical almond cookies into your life without throwing a big shabbaaanggg!
These are pretty gosh darn awesome.
Honestly, this is the easiest dessert ever.
I hope you have all of these ingredients in your pantry…and if you don’t check out Vitacost for a quick and painless delivery. It’s what I use when I can’t get to the food store and I’m in a hurry to make tasty vegan cookies.
As for these cookies, well as long as you have almonds, almond butter, almond extract, butter, quinoa and cocoa powder- you’re pretty much all set.
These cookies are a protein powerhouse.
Yes, a powerhouse.
You’ve got protein comin’ at you in 4 directions: quinoa, almonds, almond meal and almond butter. Wowzers, bet you didn’t think you’d be getting your protein after dinner, did you?
Now go munch on a salad so you can enjoy 10 of these tonight.
- 1 tsp. almond butter
- 3 large ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter, bananas, almond extract and coconut sugar. Add cooked quinoa, quinoa flakes and sea salt; mix well then add in cocoa powder, crushed almonds and cacao nibs. Using a teaspoon, portion golf ball sized cookies onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.