Last night, I had the pleasure of attending a fabulous boat cruise hosted by the famous Mary from Mary’s Gone Crackers. I met Mary on Sunday and she invited me to this amazing event, which was filled with gluten-free goodies from her Mary’s Gone Crackers line. I think I pretty much ate my body weight in her tasty gluten-free crackers, sticks and cookies…but it was well worth it!
Since the cruise didn’t take off until 9 PM, I decided to bring a gluten-free snack to hold me over until we set sail on the Hudson River. I simply created these crepes on Sunday evening and packed them with me for work yesterday…then nibbled on them on my way down to the piers. What an amazing evening…a walk along the West Side Highway watching the sailboats ride by, the sun set, munching on my gluten-free crepes and then setting sail with my gal Mary from Mary’s Gone Crackers.
Thank you, Mary for a wonderful evening full of fun and tasty gluten-free treats!
Here is the recipe for my black bean crepes…feel free to top them with your condiment of choice. Perhaps a nut butter, Greek yogurt, guacamole or salsa. I’d love to hear how you enjoy them…
What topping would you choose for your crepe?
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Bean Crepes
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of curry powder
- Grapeseed oil, for cooking
- In a food processor or blender, combine beans and rice with some warm water to create a batter consistency; add nutmeg, sea salt and curry powder, to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with grapeseed oil.
- Transfer batter to hot skillet until the batter fills the skillet completely.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned. Flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve as a breakfast wrap with tofu or eggs; a lunchtime sandwich wrap or an evening dessert topped with fresh fruit and agave nectar.