Who would have ever thought of tossing in a few fresh red grapes into a guacamole recipe? Leave it to me, of course, as I’m always experimenting with new fruits, veggies and herbs for a fun spin on the classic ol’ guac. Here is a tasty ‘summer’ inspired guacamole recipe that has a hint of natural sweetness from farm-fresh grapes n’ pears but rounds out well with a savory bite. Enjoy this guacamole atop gluten-free crackers, spread onto a sandwich in lieu of mayonnaise, as a dip with gluten-free chips or topped onto a salad as a tasty dressing.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 15 red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 ripe pears, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 5 blanched almonds
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Greek plain yogurt, for topping
- Lime zest, for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; blend until desired consistency.
- Transfer to serving dishes. Serve chilled with a dollop of Greek plain yogurt and a sprinkle of lime zest on top.
Share your thoughts
Very intriguing idea to add the grapes…just happened to have some hanging around my fridge, so i will have to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thank you so much; so glad you enjoyed it! Let me know how it turns out. Have a great Labor Day. Best, Amie
I love the addition of the grapes, great idea!
Thank you so much for your comment; the red grapes add such a nice sweet n’ juicy touch to the guac. Enjoy! Best, Amie