I don’t know about you but I’m a huge fan of quinoa for my clients. There’s just something about it that gets me every time.
I am not, however, a fan of quinoa soaked in oil and butter. Or with three cups of oil in it, like how they make it in some restaurants.
Last week I knew I wanted to develop a new recipe for a light quinoa salad but I wasn’t quite sure what it was going to end up looking like in the end. Originally I thought it might be savory but once I spotted some dried cranberries and lemon- it turned into a sweet lil’ dish. And I realized it was much more a healthy quinoa dish than anything you’d get when eating out.
Hence, this quinoa salad was born. It tastes like a creamy cranberry dessert in a bowl with a whole lotta protein. Yes, believe me. It does. A little less sweet than a dessert, making it the perfect vehicle for your lunchtime manja or an evening munchie.
I guess I have a lil’ bit of a habit of creating salads…but what can I say?
They’re just so darn good.
And this one is by far another big ol’ winner in a bowl.
So, get your fork out and get your salad on, people.
O, and one more thing. This Caesar Dressing is going to ROCK YOUR WORLD.
Now head on over to Yum Universe for a fabulous Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce.
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page starting December 1st where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’ll be giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens such as spinach and arugula
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp. white miso paste
- 1/4 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Add more water, if necessary.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cooked quinoa, dried cranberries, scallions and mixed greens; gently toss with Caesar dressing to coat.
- Serve chilled.