I’m so excited to be sharing a recipe from my friend Andie’s beautiful new cookbook, Eating in the Middle. I met Andie a few years ago and have loved her ever since. She’s a ball of beautiful energy and such a lovely person. Being around her makes me smile and she’s an incredible cook (and baker). Today I’m going to be sharing her lovely Brussels sprout recipe from her cookbook that is super simple, delish and satisfying.
Now, I LOVE Brussels sprouts. L-O-V-E them. I wasn’t a fan as a kid but now I can’t get enough of them. They’re by far one of my favorite detox veggies and they’re the perfect veggie to intro into your lifestyle as the weather cools off just in time for fall and winter. Don’t you think?
I would have never thought to pair coconut flakes with curry powder and Brussels sprouts but I am SO glad that I did. This recipe is incredible. SO SO SO good. The coconut flakes add the perfect touch of natural sweetness and the curry adds a subtle savory-ness to this side dish and they’re great to serve alongside salads, gluten-free whole grains or any other main dish. I am totally making another batch of these to snack on and dip into my tomato sauce, too. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
I love my Brussels sprouts extra crispy and almost slightly burnt so I kept these babies in the oven for 25 minutes, which the recipe calls for. But if you’re Brussels sprouts are larger, they may need more time depending on how you like ’em. I’m with Andie on the 25 minute time; it was perfect for my sprouts. Check out Andie’s beautiful new cookbook, Eating in the Middle, and her amazing recipe below. I know you’ll love it.
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts with the coconut oil, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Spread the sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet, cut sides-down, and roast until they are browned and can easily be pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, add the coconut flakes, and toss. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.