Boy o’ boy have I got a yummy recipe for you today!
How is it already the end of April? Yipeee for May this week.
This cornbread recipe is soft and moist- and guess what? It doesn’t contain any gluten, grains, soy, nuts or dairy!
I’ve been having a ball in the kitchen experimenting with coconut oil and I’m excited to share this successful recipe with you guys.
I added a touch of cinnamon, orange zest and chocolate chips just because…well, by now I think you all know I can’t simply just create a plain Jane recipe. No sir. I’m always tossing a few different odds n’ ends into my recipes to make them unique and fun for your taste buds.
Now grab that organic cornmeal and get to work.
You’ve gotta fabulous desert waiting for you right here.
And if you are free TONIGHT, join me at 6 PM EST on the Barlean’s Facebook Page where I will be LIVE answering your questions on Detox, Inflammation, Autoimmune Disease, Healthy Recipe Ideas and much more. We’ll be giving away prizes to FOUR lucky attendees!
Hope to see you all there!
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup almond milk you can also use rice or hemp milk
- 1 Tbsp. organic white vinegar
- 2 cups organic cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. stevia powder
- 2 Tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 11 ounce can organic salted golden sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips use raw cacao nibs for sugar-free version
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine almond milk with vinegar.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, baking soda and stevia mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add coconut oil, corn, vanilla extract, applesauce and orange zest. Add almond milk mixture.Transfer this mixture into the dry cornmeal bow and mix to combine. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 25 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.