With the sun shining and the heat blazing (it’s well over 90 degrees here in Manhattan today), it’s nice to have some make ahead dishes that can be served chilled on a hot summer evening. I love how easy it is to prepare; all you need to do is simply cook your favorite pasta, chop up some fresh veggies and coat with my tasty poppy seed vinaigrette. Poppy seeds are such a fun addition to this dish, they make it pretty, yummy and fun!
- Whole Wheat/ Gluten- Free pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 purple onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 10 asparagus spears, chopped into pieces
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- Garnish: Fresh parsley
- Garnish: Lime wedges
- Cook pasta until al dente per directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine agave nectar, balsamic vinegar, poppy seeds and olive oil. Whisk for 60 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine drained pasta, tofu, asparagus pieces, onion and sun dried tomatoes. Slowly add agave vinaigrette dressing and gently toss to ensure even coating.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Adjust with Nu-Salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges and parsley.