Do you remember this movie? What a great film this was….after watching it as a child, I wanted to make fried green tomatoes everyday! Now that I’m a bit older and wiser, I’ve shaped up my recipe and re-vamped it to coincide with my healthy lifestyle.
- 6 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 cup bran crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Nu-Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 eggs and 1 egg white; beat well.
- Dredge tomato slices in egg mixture, then coat with bran crumbs and season with Nu-Salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat a frying pan with cooking spray. Heat stove top to medium heat and add tomatoes.
- Cook until well browned. Flip and continue to ‘fry’ (cook) until desired.
Summer is the perfect time for fresh, juicy tomatoes. Head over to your local farmer’s market and pick up a few to try out this delicious recipe tonight.