I am honored to have two of my holiday recipes chosen
by the Chicken of the Sea ‘Mermaid’
to be presented in the Mermaid Memo on the Chicken of the Sea website and holiday newsletter.
I created these dishes with my favorite Chicken of the Sea products…
Salmon and Crab…
Ask anyone and they’ll tell you that I’m a walkin’ Chicken of the Sea brand ambassador…
I enjoy their salmon everyday for lunch and often switch it up for a bit of crab or tuna. Since Chicken of the Sea products are gluten-free and dairy-free it’s a play-ground of fun for me…
So, I thought…why not test out my favorite products and recipe test for my holiday inspired dishes…
And, two of these dishes were chosen by the Mermaid to be featured at Chicken of the Sea…
I hope you enjoy them.
Asparagus Crab Salad with Almond Mayonnaise
· 2 lbs. asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
· 1 cup Chicken of The Sea Premium Crab Meat
· ¼ cup red onion, chopped
· 2 cups escarole leaves
· 1 cup watercress
· 1/3 tsp. crushed red pepper
In a large bowl, toss asparagus with Chicken of The Sea Premium Crab Meat, onion, escarole, watercress and crushed red pepper. Gently toss with almond mayonnaise (recipe below).
· 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon honey
· ¼ cup olive oil
· 1/3 cup cashews
· 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
· 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- In a blender, combine vinegar and honey on high until well combined
- Slowly add olive oil and cashews.
- Add sea salt; blend until soft and creamy.
Pomegranate, Salmon and Cranberry Pasta
· 1 lb. penne pasta
· ½ cup fresh cranberries
· 2 cups water
· 2 Tbsp. honey
· 5 fresh radish, thinly sliced
· 2 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds
· 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
· 1 can Chicken of The Sea canned salmon
· 2 Tbsp. olive oil
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
· 1 Tbsp. coconut flakes
· 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
· Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan cook cranberries in water. Add honey and bring to a boil; cook for 25 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, cranberries, radish, pomegranate seeds, onion and Chicken of the Sea Salmon.
- In a food processor or blender, combine olive oil, garlic, Dijon, coconut flakes and ginger. Puree until smooth.
- Pour dressing over pasta; gently toss to combine. Add sea salt and pepper, to taste.
Have you tasted Chicken of the Sea products?
If so, I’d love to hear how you use them in your meals and snacks…
And, just in time for the holidays, Element Bars is offering a 20% off holiday discount!
Share your thoughts
I’m a little confused that the Pomegranate Salmon Pasta has no mention of pomegranate in the ingredients or instructions.
Thanks Angelica; the seeds are right in the middle of the recipe below the onions and salmon. Let me know if you don’t see them! Have a great night!
Congrats!!! that sounds wonderful!!.. The asparragus look awesome! I love them!!!
Thanks so much; I appreciate your comments and your nice wishes. Thank you; have a great evening.
a big huge CONGRATULATIONS to you – this is so cool! and the recipes sound fantastic!
Aww; thanks so much! I really appreciate your kind words and support. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I did! Have a great day. Best, Amie