This is a wonderful soup recipe that I am planning on making tonight as a side dish with my dinner…The weather is still pretty chilly here in Manhattan and this soup will warm me up and be the perfect side dish for my meal!
- 2 Heads Cauliflower
- 1 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 3 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic
- Nu-Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Soymilk
- 2 Leeks, sliced thin (use only the white part)
- 1 cup Water
- Dried Herbs for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large pot, saute onions, leeks, celery for 20 min on Medium heat
- Place fresh garlic (peeled) onto a piece of aluminum foil drizzled with olive oil and place into oven for 15 minutes on 325 degrees
- Add cauliflower to the sauteed mixture. Add 1 cup water. Cook until cauliflower is very soft
- Add garlic into the pot and mix with a hand blender. Add 2 cups of soymilk and blend until smooth consistency. Add nutritional yeast and Nu-Salt and pepper.
- Garnish with dried herbs
Share your thoughts
Hi! I found your blog through Gena’s blogroll and I’m having so much fun looking through your past posts.
You are so lucky to live in NY! I’m moving to RI in September and I just can’t wait to be on the East Coast.
Have a gorgeous night sweetie!
Thanks so much for your comment–so glad to hear you are enjoying my blog! Good luck with your move to the East Coast and be sure to let me know if and when you visit NYC!!!
Have a great weekend.
All the Best,
The Healthy Apple