A big thank you to the fabulous folks over at Beringer Wines for hosting me in Washington D.C. for their Grill-Off.
Here I am with Paula Deen’s sons: The Deen Brothers!
Grillin’ in action…with the Food Network camera rolling…
Me n’ my Grill Master…these grills were amazing!
I had such an amazing time and truly enjoyed meeting all of the other regional grillers.
And now, for my Regional Finalist Winning Recipe:
Balsamic Encrusted Fillet Mignon with Goat Cheese
Wine Pairing: Beringer’s Pinot Noir
- 2 (12 oz.) Fillet Mignon’s
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Bran Crumbs
- 1/2 ripe Avocado, mashed
- Dash of Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Dash of chili powder
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Handful of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Goat Cheese
- Lemon wedges, juice for topping
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Heat grill to high.
- Combine bran, pumpkin seeds, fresh cilantro, avocado, tomato sauce, red onion, fresh basil, chili powder, Sea-Salt and pepper in a food processor; blend until mixture is the consistency of paste.
- Spoon a thick layer of the pumpkin seed mixture on top of each fillet.
- Lay each fillet on the hot grill; cook till desired doneness.
- Serve each fillet with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, a squeeze of fresh lemon and a dollop of Goat Cheese.