A big thank you to the fabulous folks over at Beringer Wines for hosting me in Washington D.C. for their Grill-Off.
Here I am with Paula Deen’s sons: The Deen Brothers!
Grillin’ in action…with the Food Network camera rolling…
Me n’ my Grill Master…these grills were amazing!
I had such an amazing time and truly enjoyed meeting all of the other regional grillers.
And now, for my Regional Finalist Winning Recipe:
Balsamic Encrusted Fillet Mignon with Goat Cheese
Wine Pairing: Beringer’s Pinot Noir
- 2 (12 oz.) Fillet Mignon’s
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Bran Crumbs
- 1/2 ripe Avocado, mashed
- Dash of Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Dash of chili powder
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Handful of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Goat Cheese
- Lemon wedges, juice for topping
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- Heat grill to high.
- Combine bran, pumpkin seeds, fresh cilantro, avocado, tomato sauce, red onion, fresh basil, chili powder, Sea-Salt and pepper in a food processor; blend until mixture is the consistency of paste.
- Spoon a thick layer of the pumpkin seed mixture on top of each fillet.
- Lay each fillet on the hot grill; cook till desired doneness.
- Serve each fillet with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, a squeeze of fresh lemon and a dollop of Goat Cheese.
Share your thoughts
Yum. This sounds like it was a fantastic opportunity and your steak sounds so good.
Aw; thank you so much, Kelly. You are so supportive and I really appreciate your comments! You brightened my day. Thank you; have a great night! Best, Amie
Looks like you had lots of fun! And you look so good on the picture!
Thanks for the add in Foodbuzz.
Aww; thanks so much, Angie. I greatly appreciate your kind words and thank you for visiting my blog. Have a great day! Best, Amie
Sounds like a wonderful event…The recipe is fantastic 🙂
Thanks so much; I greatly appreciate your comment! Have a wonderful weekend. Best, Amie
You go girl! Keep it up and one day maybe we’ll see you on Food Network with your own show!!
Awww; thanks so much, Karen….that’s my dream!!!! Thank you for your support and your comment; I greatly appreciate it. Hope all is well and have a great day. Thank you again for your positive support….The Next Food Network Star…here I come, hehe…now I’m really dreaming! Best, Amie
Congrats lady, you look beautiful! I love the combo of the balsamic and goat cheese.
Awww; thanks so much, Mellissa….I appreciate it! Hope all is well with you. Enjoy the remainder of your summer! xoxo.
How neat! Your recipe sounds delicious. I would love to meet the Deen brothers — although I’d love to meet Paula one day as well!
Thanks so much, Holly! It was a fabulous trip and I had such a great time down in DC meeting the Deen brothers, but I agree Paula would have been a hoot with her ‘butter’, hehe! Have a great day!