Summer just ain’t summer without lobster.
I think I should just move to Maine so that I can eat it everyday.
Nice n’ chewy and tender. No need for the butter on the side when you can add a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
Did you know that if you simply just steam a lobster and serve it atop a bed of veggies n’ greens you can make a pretty darn amazing salad?
No need to run out for the butter…it’s better without it.
Well, I can’t eat butter so I don’t really know what it tastes like, but I assure you it’s healthier without the butter.
I love lobster but it never seems to fill me up. My belly’s always wanting a bit more in there, so I thought I’d pair it with a bunch of fresh summer veggies and salad. Why not?
A lil’ fiber and a lil’ protein.
Nice combo, isn’t it?
It’s perfect for me. The perfect summer meal=Seafood + Veggies. I could eat it every night, but then I’d be broke because fresh seafood is a tad on the expensive side, especially in Manhattan.
Now what’s better than a lobster salad sans the mayo, please. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free n’ healthy. My kinda meal.
It just wouldn’t be summer without it.
Get your fork ready, you’re gunna love this one.
Summertime Lobster Salad
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
- 2 lobster tails, steamed
- 10 asparagus spears, steamed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 purple onion, sliced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. flax oil
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Arrange salad on a plate with vegetables. Top with lobster tails; drizzle with oil, lemon juice and vinegar. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
And now for my Seafood Giveaway:
I recently discovered the best seafood I’ve ever had…Anderson Seafood is an incredible website that I’ve ordered lobster tails, shrimp, scallops, salmon and white fish that were exceptional. So, I’m excited to announce that I am hosting a Giveaway for One Lucky Reader who will receive a $150 gift card to Anderson Seafood.
- Leave a comment letting me know what product you’d like to try from Anderson Seafood.
- Sign up for the Anderson Seafood newsletter.
For Bonus Entry:
- Tweet this giveaway @TheHealthyApple. You can tweet once per day. Please leave me the link to your tweet.
- Post about this giveaway on Facebook.
Good Luck; I will be picking a winner on Wednesday, August the 3rd.
I’d love to welcome all of you to my Clean Eating Class on September 20th.
I would love for all of your to attend as it’s Free and there will be lots of fun, gluten-free, clean food to nibble on.
Please join us at the GE Monogram Design Center for an informative seminar focused on “Clean Eating”
Date: September 20, 2011
Time: 6:00 – 8:00pm
Location: GE Monogram Design Center
Architects & Designers Building
150 East 58th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10155
RSVP: 212.223.1699 or firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th
Reception to follow, with healthy bites provided by Chef Tageré Southwell, executive chef of the GE Monogram Design Center.