These are not your everyday burgers…my unique combination of crunchy slaw atop avocado and bean patties (with a touch of sweetness and a kick of spice) will have your taste buds dancing!
- 1 can black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 1/2 can kidney beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and mashed
- 1/2 cup bran crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Gluten Free or Whole Wheat Rolls
- Nu-Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage slaw
- 1/2 cup carrots, slivered
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Greek plain yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine beans, avocado, bran crumbs, chili powder, garlic, balsamic vinegar, egg, honey, Nu-Salt and pepper. Use hands to ensure the ingredients are mixed well. Divide into 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray; add patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a separate bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, almonds and Greek yogurt. Mix well.
- Place 1 bean burger on the bottom half of each roll; top with coleslaw and top with the other half of the roll.