Here is an easy recipe that is sure to please your taste buds. These roasted chickpeas pair well as a side dish for any summertime BBQ…give them a try and opt for roasted chickpeas as your side dish tonight instead of baked beans! This recipe also works wonders atop salad greens and as a ‘go-to-snack’ in a Ziploc bag for your afternoon nibble!
- 1 can chick peas
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of Nu-Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain chick peas and rinse well with cold water. Let sit for 15 minutes in a colander to drain.
- Toss beans with olive oil and all above ingredients (except fresh oregano).
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer; roast for 50 minutes or until browned.
- Serve warm with Galaxy Vegan Parmesan Cheese and fresh oregano.
Share your thoughts
I have never seen chickpeas like that! They look pretty interesting and tasty! I am definitely going to have to try those out, thanks for sharing.
Thank you; they sure are yummy…I hope you enjoy them…they’re a perfect portable snack in a Ziploc bag, as well!
roasted chickpeas are one of my new fave things!
Great! I’m so glad to hear it…let me know how these turn out for you….