So, this may just be my #1 favorite recipe that I have EVER made.
It’s pretty gosh darn amazing. And I’m preparing you now.
Grab a spoon because you’re gunna wanna taste it.
I wish you guys coulda’ been in NYC to witness my first bite of this creamy delight. The combination of sweet carrots n’ savory almond croutons is beyond anything I’ve ever had- the taste simply cannot be beat.
And the fact that it all comes together in under 30 minutes is what makes it ideal for a weeknight meal or a weekend dinner party without the fuss.
I’m not one to make ‘creamy’ soups that often because using dairy-free milks can sometimes be tough when looking for that really creamy consistency. But I think I’m onto something here, people.
This soup has made me best friends again with my food processor and I’ve been pureeing up a storm over here in NYC. I opted to use fresh sage and tarragon- two fresh herbs I haven’t used in awhile but you can easily find them in your produce section and then use the leftovers to toss into salads, stir-fries and baked goods!
I’m warning you now this soup is a winner. I’ve already made it 4 times and writing this post is making me wanna make it again tomorrow. It’s a great way to end the day with a side salad for dinner or to enjoy with your lunchtime sandwich but my new favorite way to slurp this baby?
In a mug!
You heard me. Go ahead, get your mug on people. It’s more fun to drink soup from a mug.
Everybody’s doing it. Hehe.
This was another one of my recipes that I created exclusively for The Almond Board of California. You can check out all 6 of my Almond recipes here in their Spring booklet. All recipes have notes for gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan modifications so you can dig in without any worry!
Now don’t forget to join in on my Condiment Challenge for May! I can’t wait to see what Clean Food you’re making.
- 2½ pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, separated
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, separated
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a large pot, cover carrots with cold water and season with sea salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil, then bring to low-heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, slice bread into ¼ inch cubes to make croutons. Add cubed bread to a large mixing bowl with olive oil and sliced almonds. Gently toss to combine. Place croutons onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Transfer the carrots and 1 cup of cooking water to a blender; pulse until smooth. Add almond milk, tarragon, sage and sea salt and pepper; puree soup until well combined. Transfer soup to four serving bowls.
- Serve warm topped with almond croutons.