It’s a million degrees in Manhattan and all I want is a refreshing meal, air conditioning, a sundress and the beach.
Thank goodness I live near the water.
The cool breeze makes such a difference.
I know I’ve told you guys about my love affair with zucchini before…
About how they were the only veggie that made me feel good last year when I was so sick. They’re just so creamy and tender- I could snack on these guys everyday. And I do.
They remind me of summer and what better way to light up a gluten-free pasta dish than add a lil’ green jazz with zucchini?
Well, with corn, of course!
And I just had to pull this out out and release it to y’all.
This Gluten-Free Fiesta Pasta Salad is super easy to make at home, you just need to prepare some veggies and have gluten-free pasta on hand.
I chose fresh zucchini because I spotted some at the Union Square farmer’s market on Saturday and they were just begging to be used up in something tasty n’ fun.
I diced up a few green zucchinis and got to work while the pasta was cookin’.
A few minutes later and I had this gorgeous sunshine yellow and grass green fiesta salad, perfect for my weekend BBQ in the city.
So, go ahead and whip up this fun pasta salad. Need a side dish to serve it with? We’ve got that covered. Head on over to Heather’s Yum Universe to check out her Mexican Mango and Cucumber Salad and enjoy!
- ½ pound gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (10oz.) package frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 4 cups fresh spinach, steamed
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chives, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. So Delicious dairy-free Greek plain yogurt
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with zucchini, mushrooms, corn and spinach. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, juice, olive oil, chives, red pepper, sea salt and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
- Pour olive oil mixture over cooked pasta mixture; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with a dollop of yogurt.