We’ve all seen my tasty stuffed tomatoes, however, after purchasing a few yellow and orange peppers at Whole Foods earlier this week, I opted for a stuffed pepper recipe that includes my favorite canned salmon from Trader Joe’s. This is a quick n’ easy recipe that tastes just minutes to prepare and pop into the oven for a savory side dish or meal anytime of the day.
- 1large yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. hazelnuts, ground
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pinch of chili powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can Trader Joe’s salmon, drained
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup rice cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut off top of each pepper, scoop out insides and discard.
- Combine all ingredients (except rice cheese) into a mixing bowl; mix well.
- Stuff mixture into hollowed peppers. Sprinkle with rice cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.