Welcome to what I call ‘A little bit of heaven on a plate’. I’m about to convince you that these tacos are quite possibly the greatest thing since gluten-free bread.
Note: If you don’t have these tacos on your menu for this week, change that now. Please.
You can really toss anything you want into these tacos but if you’re in the mood to follow a recipe, read on….
These tacos just scream happiness. I honestly think happiness can be found anywhere…maybe it’s not actually found but instead, arises from within us and is found when it’s shared.
Therefore, share these tacos with your family or loved ones and you’ll find happiness.
You will however find happiness in every bite. Trust me.
While this isn’t a meal you thought you’d be able to prep each week with ease….think again. It is. All you need are a few gluten-free or organic corn tortillas, a whole grain such as brown rice, wild rice, black rice, jasmine rice, teff, quinoa or millet and a few condiments such as extra-virgin olive oil, ground flax seeds, organic lettuce or green veggies, sun-dried tomatoes, maybe a few nuts or dried fruit and you’re done! I like to use a special sauce to drizzle on top like hot sauce or flax oil mixed with balsamic vinaigrette. They key though is that you wanna make that dressing warm so it keeps this dish hot until serving.
Yes, even on these warm nights – you’ll wanna enjoy a warm taco. It’s like a warm hug in the middle of Spring.
And hugs are just the best.
And, if you’re in NYC on July 1st Join Me For My NYC
Underground Supper Club Dinner Party Series – it’s all organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian! 7-9 PM Downtown Manhattan. To attend, please RSVP to: TheHealthyApple@gmail.com.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice or brown, black or wild rice
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or flax oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro optional
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 4 large gluten-free or organic corn tortillas
- Cook rice in salted water according to package directions. Remove from heat, set aside for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork and season to taste with sea salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, soak sun-dried tomatoes in 2 cups of warm water for 20 minutes then drain.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, flax seeds, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl. Warm on the stove top for 1 minute over medium heat then set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 seconds on each side.
- Serve warm tortillas with a scoop of cooked rice, spinach, red onion, ground flax seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.