I’ve been itching to bake a gluten-free, summer inspired cake for the past few days and I recently came up with this deliciously healthy and tasty recipe in my lil kitchen. The combination of fresh grapefruit with black sesame seeds and fresh, sweet basil adds the perfect touch to a light, spongy cake that is perfect for an afternoon treat or an after-dinner dessert.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking
- 2 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Gluten-Free Cereal
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Puffed Rice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. grated grapefruit zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp. stevia, for topping
- In a large bowl, combine flour, stevia, cinnamon, fresh basil, baking powder, baking soda and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine Gluten-Free cereals, almond milk, egg whites, olive oil, grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice and yogurt; mix well to ensure cereal is evenly coated. Slowly add almond flour mixture; stir well until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish coated with baking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set on a cooling rack to cool. Sprinkle with additional stevia.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
For My Giveaway
One lucky winner will receive a jar of Coconut Secret’s Raw Coconut Crystals and Raw Coconut Nectar, which are both low-glycemic sugar alternatives free of chemicals, pesticides and herbicides. These are made from 100% Pure Coconut Tree Sap, Gluten-Free, Unbleached, Unrefined, Non-GMO and Vegan.
Leave me a comment on this post telling me how you’d use these crystals and nectar in your cooking and baking.
Good Luck; I will be choosing a winner on Friday, August the 27th at 5PM EST.