Let’s clean out our pantries, shall we?
And while we’re at it, let’s toss all that summer fresh cilantro and sweet, ripe oranges into the mix, as well.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve gotta whole pantry full of quinoa.
And a whole binder full of quinoa recipes.
I thought so.
I’ve been using quinoa so much lately and I thought I’d take a break from the oven and let a little bit of summer back into my life by whipping up a sweet quinoa salad.
So simple. Yet so delish.
And all it takes is a quick dump of your pantry and a few fresh toss-in’s from your fridge.
It’s what you make when you have a bunch of pretty quinoa in your pantry and some fresh herbs and citrus in your fridge.
How easy is that?
In my little pantry, I found a handful of peanuts and honey You just can’t go wrong when adding peanuts and honey- it’s kinda like honey roasted peanuts….I could eat those all day long.
I added a few fresh cilantro leaves, some skinny scallions and a bit of fresh orange zest n’ juice.
Don’t ya just love it when things work out?
I’m off to Dallas for the Gluten-Free Expo; have a delicious weekend!
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup peanuts
- Juice of 1 fresh orange
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to a large bowl. Add honey; gently toss to combine. Set aside covered for 10 minutes to soak.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Serve warm or chilled.