So, I’m in love…once again…with my oven…and this new creation.
I mean, how can I not be?
It’s the holiday season…
And I’m all about tryin’ n’ testin’ and cookin’ and bakin’ Sweet Nothings…
In my lil apartment…loving life…
Humming to Frank Sanatra’s Christmas carols…
And eating these…
Yes, I enjoyed them.
Too many of them.
And simply fabulous.
Go ahead, give ‘em a try…I bet you’d never know they were gluten-free.
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Macadamia Brownies
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup stevia for baking
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine sweet potatoes, butter and stevia. Cook over medium heat; bring to a boil and stir for 7 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 the mixture; transfer to a mixing bowl to cool. Add baking soda and sea salt; mix well. Transfer mixture to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add macadamia nuts, chocolate chips and coconut to stovetop sweet potato mixture; mix well. Drizzle over cooked portion. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- Slice into brownie bites.
Speaking of Healthy Desserts, please vote for my recipe, Whole Wheat Paprika n’ Orange Chocolate Cookies for the Healthy Holiday Dessert Recipe Contest:
And, I’m thrilled to announce my Cookie Recipe is featured in Silvana Nardone’s Gluten-Free Holiday Cookie Countdown! Silvana is such an inspiration and a fabulous gluten-free baker and cook that I had the pleasure to meet earlier this year…she is so talented and her recipes are brilliantly delicious.
Be sure to check out all the delicious gluten-free cookie recipes from my favorite gluten-free bakers as well as some fabulous giveaways on Silvana’s Gluten-Free Holiday Cookie Countdown!
Also…I stumbled upon this fun foodie site….
Take a looksy at this creative foodie pairing website what I just discovered, FoodPairing that incorporates unlikely flavors…I love it…
Such great inspiration for my recipes n’ cookin’…