Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone….I’ve created this amazing chick pea guacamole that will surely knock your socks off and keep your Cinco de Mayo festivities rollin’…
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon O California white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; gently toss until combined. I preferred to keep the avocado chunks in the guacamole instead of completely mashing them, as this gave the guacamole a beautiful appearance and was easier to eat atop crackers.
- Serve with gluten-free crackers, atop a salad, spread onto a sandwich or as a dip with crudites.
Congrats to the winner of my Aurora Yoga Mat Giveaway: Lisa @ Lisasfoods.
Please email me at email@example.com mailing address to ship this beautiful mat!