Over the past few months I have encountered numerous clients who are struggling with dieting and counting calories–I must remind them and you, as well…DON’T diet…DON’T count calories…it is simply a waste of time and a waste of your precious life. Life is too short- enjoy your meals and enjoy your day.
Here are a few tips to help you get through your day and overcome your obstacles with healthy eating.
- Eyeball your snacks and meals
- Rely on your own ability to portion control sensibly-everyone knows what a normal serving looks like.
- Focus on food groups-not on calories! Look at each part of your meals and snacks-make sure to incorporate fruit, vegetables, healthy fats, protein, and complex carbs.
- Switch to natural and whole foods. It is hard to over do-it when you are eating veggies and lean proteins.
- Fill up on nutrient rich low calorie foods such as vegetables and fruits before you reach for seconds from the processed bread basket.
- If you overindulge one day, don’t slip off the ban waggon and get down on yourself. Indulgences are part of life and you are not going to gain weight from 1 weekend of bad eating.
- Exercise-even a brisk walk after your meal will feel good!
What are your thoughts on Healthy Eating? Any other tips that work for you?