I’s that time of year when we’re busy wrapping presents, drinking (dairy-free) eggnog and running from holiday party to holiday party. So many of my clients have been asking me for healthy appetizers or light meals during the hectic holiday season. Well have no fear, Amie is here. And I’ve got an easy peasy white bean spread recipe just for you today!
Almost all of my clients have a can of beans in their pantry. I’m sure you do, too. Add a bit of sea salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil and you’re all set.
I simply toss all of these ingredients into a food processor and poof – a perfectly homemade (and healthy) spread that you can serve for your upcoming holiday party with sliced veggies, gluten-free tortilla chips and rice crackers.
Have some leftover spread? No worries… use a spoonful or two on your gluten-free toast the next morning or serve it as a ‘hummus’ on your lunchtime salad or stuffed into your burrito or fajitas for dinner.
I told ya so!
Now go open up your pantry and have a mini party in your kitchen.
- 1 can 19 ounces organic cannellini beans
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup organic sprouts for serving.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; puree until smooth. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl and serve with gluten-free toast, chips or sliced vegetables. Top with organic sprouts.