Trying to decide what to serve tnite for your New Year’s Eve dinner party? How about something that can be used as an appetizer dip with veggies, a topping on baked fish and even added to dessert recipes for a hint of natural sweetness and a kick of kombucha.
Have you ever heard of a kombucha puree? Me neither. That’s why I decided to get a lil’ creative this morning in my kitchen and whip up an incredibly delicious and versatile puree that I’m going to be using in my breakfast oats, my morning salad and my evening Greek yogurt parfait with fresh fruit. Why not, right?
Go, ahead. Whip this baby up.
I assure you, your New Year’s guests will be beggin’ for the recipe.
You can serve with tortilla chips, hummus, guacamole and vegan cheese with crackers.
Happy New Year!
Sweet Pea Kombucha Puree
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/3 cup kombucha
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- 10 cashews
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine lemon zest, juice, onion, scallions, peas, kombucha, garlic, coriander and curry powder; cook for 5 minutes. Add cashews, sea salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer; cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a blender. Process in batches until smooth.
- Serve atop salads or sandwiches.
And, be sure to check out my new article, “Amie lives Gluten and Dairy Free” written for the wonderful, Jayne at Allergies-R-Us.