There is a reason this bowl of heaven is called ‘Perfect’.
I hope you’re ready for the bestesttttt bowl of happiness you’ve ever tasted.
Just in time for spring, I’ve got you covered for fresh, clean, tasty recipes that will make your taste buds rejoice and will make your body move in ways you didn’t think were possible. Have you ever tasted a recipe in your kitchen and you suddenly start dancing in your kitchen to music? Yep. Well, that’s what happened right here with this bowl and from the looks of the pictures- I think you can see why.
It’s a goodie.
And if you haven’t had a chance to check out my new cookbook, you can order it here: Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation and Reset Your Body!
I mean come on, don’t these images look incredible?
When I took these photos I couldn’t help myself from smiling ear to ear. Tender sweet potatoes truly make my heart sing.
This bowl is a combination of roasted sweet potatoes, fluffy quinoa and the most amazing carrot and roasted red pepper ‘creamy’ dressing that I’ve ever made.
Sometimes the dressing is the icing on the cake when it comes to salads.
This dressing totally rocks my world and I’m making extra to have on hand throughout the week for other recipes, too!
I know you’re eager to get outside and soak up the sunshine now that its May- so whip up this recipe tonight for dinner and enjoy it al fresco. I know you’re going to love every bite. You can also add a scoop of my nut cheese and/or carrot spread to this salad if you have leftovers. I’ve been noshing on this recipe with a side of my grain-free crackers for an extra boost of protein and fiber. I hope you love it as much as I do.
And in case you haven’t checked it out, my cookbook Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation and Reset Your Body has over 200 recipes no gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, eggs, corn, etc.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why I eat organic: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 tsp. tahini
- 1 roasted red pepper
- juice of 1 large lemon
- Water, if needed
- pinch lemon zest
- pinch chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pierce the carrots and sweet potatoes with a fork then roast the sweet potatoes in the oven on the prepared baking sheet for 40 minutes or until carrots and sweet potatoes are very tender.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ½ inch pieces and fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, sweet potatoes, salad greens, scallion and lemon zest. In a small food processor, puree the roasted carrots, oil, tahini roasted red pepper and lemon juice. Add water if needed to thin out the dressing. Season to taste with the salt, pepper and chili powder. Drizzle over the quinoa mixture; toss to combine and serve warm.