I was recently contacted by Amy’s Organic and Lundberg Farms, who are hosting a unique recipe contest. Both Amy’s and Lundberg are dedicated to serving the gluten free community and invited me to share how I use their tasty products. Here is my delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free and Vegetarian Recipe.
I hope you’re hungry, because it’s delish!
Sweet Potato, Rainbow Chard and White Bean Pasta
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces Lundberg Brown Rice Penne Pasta
- Amy’s Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 leeks, sliced
- ½ sweet onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 2 bunches rainbow Swiss chard, stems and leaves separated; cut crosswise into 1 inch slices
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. of chili powder
- ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 cups of Amy’s Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce in a small pot over medium-low heat; stir frequently.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and onion; cook until they begin to soften, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and sage; stir for 3 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard, beans and sweet potato; cook covered until potatoes are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the reserved cooking water; simmer and stir until potatoes are tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, balsamic vinegar, chili powder and nutmeg. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with fresh basil, crushed red pepper, golden raisins, sea salt and black pepper.
- Divide the cooked pasta among individual bowls. Top with Swiss chard mixture and Amy’s Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce.
- Serve warm or cold.
Be Sure To Check Out My Eggland’s Best eggs recipe on the Eggland’s Best website!