I made you dinner.
And, no. It’s not just another quinoa salad recipe. This one is The Best. Hence, the name of the recipe.
You can thank me later.
It’s yummy. I promise.
This meal is gunna be a nice change of pace for y’all.
After Thanksgiving I’m sure you’re sick of eating sweet potatoes and turkey and gravy – by now your holiday party invitations are pouring in and I’m sure you’re not ready to dive into any more cranberry sauce. Am I right?
I can read you like a book.
This detox salad is sure to please your little palate. Fresh cilantro and lemon juice round out this bowl of goodness and deliver a fresh salad with sweet roasted red bell peppers with protein-filled quinoa.
You’re gunna need all the goodness you can get before you walk into those holiday parties filled with eggnog and cookies and o’ ya candy canes. Pure sugar ain’t gunna be your friend. No need to deprive yourself this season but make sure you stay on track with lots of lean proteins and hearty whole food fiber from fruits and veggies and your belly (and body) will thank you, come January 1st.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, steam peas in a steamer basket over medium heat until bright green and tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa with peppers, peas and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper; drizzle over quinoa mixture and serve.