It’s a fairly simple dish.
Simple is good.
Simple is just plain o’ simple and when you’re in a time crunch or you’re not in the mood to create a lavish dish, simple is just about all you need.
Read a food magazine.
And sip on a freshly brewed iced tea.
Not spend hours slaving over your stove.
Just a few mere minutes next to your ol’ grill and you’re all set with this one.
Yes, you heard me correctly. A few minutes and you’ve gotta side dish that’ll knock your socks off.
- 4 large green bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 Baby Portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- Pinch paprika
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and peaches. Drizzle with olive oil, freshly squeezed orange juice and balsamic; gently toss to coat. Add chili powder, coriander, paprika, tarragon, sea salt and pepper. Again, gently toss to combine.
- Set aside for 15 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place marinated peaches and vegetables onto the grill; grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked and soft.
Remove peaches and vegetables from grill; transfer to a serving platter. Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy.
I’m excited to finally have a Fan Page on Facebook: Check out my ‘Like’ The Healthy Apple page on the right hand column of my blog.
Check out my latest Musselman’s Applesauce post on Back to School Snack Ideas.
And, I’m excited to announce a Giveaway! I recently met the folks over at Minted, who make the most beautiful stationary, business cards, etc. and they’ve offered to give away 25 Free pieces of stationary to one of my readers.
Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite Minted stationary design.
Good Luck. I’ll be picking a winner on Monday, August the 22nd.
Have a great weekend, Foodies!