Today I’ve got a recipe for you that is something you’ve never had before. Ever.
It might blow your mind. I know it’s the day after Christmas and you’re probably full and stuffed from eating too many sugar cookies, last night. So, I wanted to make something for you that will highlight your holidays. I assure you, you’ll be making this all winter long. You can thank me in April when you’ve made this 10x and you want to serve it chilled it May.
Get ready for sweet potatoes with a whole lotta soul.
Come on in, let me show you what I’ve got for you today!
Okay, let’s start with where I got the idea to create this and why it’s so unique because I’m sure you’re all dying to know what this is.
Roasted superfoods in organic coconut oil. Perfection.
And on top?
Freshly grated lemon zest.
Fresh mint leaves.
A pinch of sea salt.
And an extra boost of superfoods, which are BEYOND anything you’ve ever tasted.
Enter Nature’s Path Qi’a Superfood Cereal. Qi’a (key-ah), which means energy, is a fabulous gluten free Superfood Cereal that combines Chia seeds, Hemp and Buckwheat and is full of Plant-based Protein, Fiber & ALA Omegas.
Qi’a, like all of Nature’s Path products is certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified, which makes me do a HAPPY dance. You all know what a happy dance is, right? It’s a quick 5 second dance I do anytime I find something fabulously delicious. I sort of jump up and down and act like a kid. Well, that’s what I did when I discovered this Qi’a cereal.
You can boost your nutrition with only 2 Tbsp. of this Qi’a cereal and feel long lasting energy from this tasty superfood.
Now, don’t be fooled by the ‘cereal’ idea. You can use this for SO much more than just cereal. Yes, my family eats the Qi’a with almond milk for breakfast with fresh berries and almond butter but they never thought about incorporating it into an actual meal aside from breakfast.
That’s where I got a little creative and whipped up this healthy and protein n’ fiber packed dish that’s ideal for lunch or dinner. It can be served as a main dish or as a side dish, whichever you prefer. I assure you it will fill you up and keep you satisfied, which means no carby/sugar cravings later. Double bonus, right?
So many of my clients find themselves sneaking into the kitchen late at night with sugar cravings. My response: You need more Healthy Fats and Protein if that’s your issue! This happened to me in my 20’s. I had some sugar and carb cravings and as soon as I started adding in more healthy fats and protein, they disappeared. Magic? Nope. Try it. It works. But I do suggest you use a high-quality organic food for your fat and protein because that’s a huge part of this whole issue. If you subside on empty calories or unhealthy fats and proteins, you won’t feel satisfied and the little cells in your body won’t be getting the nutrients they need to support your body and keep you healthy.
So, whether you’re looking to spruce up your new breakfast routine or you’re looking to add a little boost of protein, healthy fats and fiber to your day, I highly suggest you dive into this bag of goodness. You know I’m highly selective about my cereals and products so you can rest assured this is delicious, healthy and satisfying.
Just what you need after a day of opening presents, eating sugar cookies and drinking too much eggnog.
Dive in, enjoy and rememeber to have a little bit (or a lotta) fun while making this recipe.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays from my home to yours.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Large pinch ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. Nature's Path Qi'a Cranberry Vanilla Cereal (or any flavor preferred)
- 10 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk, plus more if needed
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Poke holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork and pace them on the baking sheet. Rub 1 Tbsp. of the coconut oil on the entire surface of each sweet potato. Then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until very tender and soft.
- Meanwhile, shake the Qi'a bag to ensure the superfoods are combined and then combine the Qi'a Cereal and the almond milk in a small bowl and set aside. Then stir to combine. Add more almond milk if needed.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and use a sharp knife to cut them into ½ inch pieces. Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a shallow serving bowl. Top with the remaining 1 Tbsp. of melted (warm) coconut oil and toss to combine then add the Qi'a Cereal mixture, mint and lemon zest. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This post was sponsored by Nature’s Path. All opinions are my own.