Last night, I created a deliciously simple sweet potato and almond soup that warmed me up after my chilly walk home. Let’s just say that it hit the spot and paired perfectly with a side of grilled vegetables and tofu smothered with organic tomato sauce and sprinkled with nutritional yeast…delicious is an understatement.
Dig in, this is a tasty protein-packed soup with a nice dose of beta carotene that is sure to fill you up (and warm you up) on a chilly March evening.
A delicious gluten-free and dairy-free soup!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups Greek plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. all spice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup Krema Almond Butter
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- Topping: fresh cilantro
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork to create air pockets. Place into the microwave for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add onion and cook until they begin to brown, approximately 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir for 2 minutes. Add lime juice, all spice, chili powder, and sea salt and pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop into small chunks. Place into a food processor along with the vegetable broth, Greek yogurt and Krema Almond Butter; puree until smooth. Add the puree to the pot and mix well.
Transfer to serving dishes and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!