Here’s a tasty spin on the classic hummus platter…I opted to toss in fresh beets for a sweet flavor without the added sugar. Beets are a wonderful source of folate, potassium, dietary fiber and manganese…This beautiful Beet Hummus is incredibly tasty and pairs well as a dip for crudites, fruits or crackers as well as an amazing spread on sandwiches and bagels.
- 5 large beets, scrubbed, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy with gluten free crackers, pretzels and crudites.
In The News This Week…
Balance Your Caloric Equation To Loose Weight