I’ve realized I may be taking my popcorn obsession a bit too far.
But that’s okay.
I’m loving the creativity of taking a little organic corn kernel and whipping it into a sweet (and healthy) sugar-free treat. It kinda’ makes me feel like a kid again.
Let’s just say I have the perfect kid-friendly, adult-approved snack or dessert for you. It’s so fun to make and quite simple.
Here’s a hint: buy organic popcorn. I know you already know that corn is a supper duper highly GMO food so anything you eat that’s got corn in it- steer clear of conventional and reach for organic.
Consider this your summer go-to nibble when you are ready to bite into a sugary chocolate bar and you know it’s not going to make you feel good afterwards.
This popcorn is going to rock your world, fill you up and possibly have you serve it as a dessert for your upcoming Memorial Day weekend BBQ.
Yes, popcorn for dessert is healthy and totally acceptable.
ALSO, I’M LOOKING FOR RECIPE DEVELOPERS FOR A BIG PROJECT I’M WORKING ON! IF ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED, I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT THEHEALTHYAPPLE@GMAIL.COM
And, f you’re in NYC on June 24th Join Me For My NYC Underground Supper Club Dinner Party Series join me for my next Dinner Party- it’s all organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian! 7-9 PM Downtown Manhattan. To attend, please RSVP to: TheHealthyApple@gmail.com.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup organic popcorn
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp. raw pecans
- 2 Tbsp. dried cherries chopped
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- pinch ground coriander
- pinch ground cinnamon
- Pour olive oil into a large saucepan; coat entire bottom of pan. Add popcorn and cook over medium-low heat. Cover saucepan and shake vigorously as the popcorn pops.
- As you shake, lift the lid a few times so steam can escape (and to make the popcorn light and crunchy).
- Transfer popped popcorn in batches into a large bowl; return pan to the stove top and shake until the last kernel has popped. Remove from heat and add all popped popcorn to the bowl. Add cacao nibs, coconut flakes, coriander and cinnamon.
- Serve warm.