Last night, I had a bit of time on my hands and decided to once again get creative in my kitchen. I recently purchased a few beautiful squash blossoms and I was yearning for a guacamole to have in my fridge for the weekend, therefore I decided to make the best of my blossoms and whip up a tasty guac with a pinch of saffron and chili powder to add a nice kick. The end result: Delishhhy. Let’s just say there isn’t much left as I was tasting it all night long…
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 squash blossoms
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- Toast saffron threads in a frying pan.
- Mash in a mortar and pestle.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash avocados with saffron and squash blossoms.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Serve chilled.
Wildwood Organics Coupon Give-Away
I have 4 Complimentary Wildwood Organics Coupons to giveaway as well as many discounted coupons, therefore I will be picking 4 winners on Monday, March the 15th.
4 Lucky Winners will each win 1 complimentary coupon along with many discounted coupons!
In The News This Week…
Monday is the last day to enter the Progresso Souper You Contest at www.Progresso.com/SouperYou.
Don’t forget to set your clocks for Daylight Savings this weekend…
Spring Ahead one hour!