These balls are a nice alternative to your classic meatballs…they’re packed with heart healthy rolled oats and pair well alongside pasta for a delicious meal.
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- Nu-Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Kale (Steamed and chopped)
- 1/2 lb. ground (your choice of protein: turkey, chicken, bison, seitan, tempeh, tofu, etc.)
- 1 can Eden Organic Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts (mashed)
- Chili Powder to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix steel cut oats with warm water until oats form a nice consistency. Add steamed kale, Vegan Parmesan cheese, egg white, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, dried cranberries, chili powder, Nu-Salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add in desired protein source; continue to mix well.
- Form mixture into balls and place into a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake until balls start to brown and have a crisp outer layer.
- Serve atop of whole wheat/gluten free pasta with more Vegan Parmesan Cheese and heated (in microwave or on stove top) Eden Organic Pasta Sauce.