Perfect in time for your Thanksgiving menu planning..here is a fabulous side dish that will wow your holiday guests…a delicious spin on the classic roasted taters…
You’ll love my Orange Cranberry Relish, which pairs perfectly with these warm, rustic potatoes. I love the combination of smoked paprika, grapeseed oil and flax seed, which add a fabulous kick and flavor to your dish.
Rustic Roasted Potatoes with Orange Cranberry Relish
Rustic Roasted Potatoes
- 2 ½ lbs. red potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange potatoes in a roasting pan; toss with grape seed oil. Sprinkle with wheat germ, flax seeds, chili powder, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 minutes, flip potatoes and roast another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with orange cranberry relish (below).
Orange Cranberry Relish
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 lemon, peeled, sliced, seeds removed
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Blend orange, lemon and dates in a food processor
- Add cranberries and process for approximately 60 seconds or until mixture forms a chunky, ‘chutney’ consistency.
- Serve atop roasted potatoes.
I am incredibly honored to be featured as an Applegate Farms “Change Maker”…
Thank you, Applegate!