Even though Valentine’s Day is over, I’ve been busy in my kitchn’ testing raw cacao recipes…this weekend I created gluten-free and dairy-free tofu-rific brownies…they were fabulous to say the least. I loved the combination of buckwheat flour and pumpkin puree…these special treats have the perfect touch of sweetness complimented by flax n’ chia seeds as well as a pistachio crunch.
- 1 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup stevia or raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flax and chia seeds
- 1 (14 oz.) block silken tofu
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 Tbsp. Organic Raw Cacao Bliss Coconut Butter
- 2 Tbsp. raw pistachios, shelled
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients by hand; set aside.
- Using a food processor, combine all wet ingredients; process until it forms a smooth consistency. Slowly add dry ingredients and pulse until well moistened.
- Transfer mixture into baking pan; sprinkle with optional garnished pistachios.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Remove from pan, serve and enjoy!
Share your thoughts
These look really good. Would I be able substitute the Organic Raw Cacao Bliss Coconut Butter with plain Coconut Butter and Cacao? I can’t find the Organic Raw Cacao Bliss Coconut Butter anywhere convenient.
Thanks; you can try. Not sure if that will work but let me know if it does Simone! You can get the cacao bliss online through my Amazon store!
Perfectly done, at a glance you wouldn’t think there’s a pumpkin ingredients in it. and what’s good about it, is the fact that it’s a healthy food so you wouldn’t feel a guilt when eating it.
Awww; thanks so much for your comment…I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed this recipe and I can’t wait to hear how you like them….have a great day and thanks again for your comment!
Those look awesome, I just need to find chia seeds!
Sarah, Great to hear from you; thanks so much for your comment. You can purchase the flax n’ chia seeds on my Open Sky shop…take a look and let me know what you think..these are the best flax and chia seeds I’ve tasted….I hope you enjoy them!!! Have a great day. Best, Amie
I have yet to try the chia seeds. I am seeing so many more recipes using them though. These sound great. Now is they would just do a white chocolate cacao bliss LOL