This cooling summertime salad is a perfect compliment to any meal. Today for lunch I prepared this radish salad atop a mixture of leftover whole grains; brown rice and quinoa. For a fresh dinner idea, this salad also pairs well alongside grilled tempeh or tuna steak.
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 parsnips, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. fresh spinach greens, chopped
- 2 tsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. Nu-Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine radish, parsnip, apple and lemon juice with chopped spinach.
- In a separate small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, Nu-Salt and honey. Slowly whisk in oil, Greek yogurt and cilantro. Add peanuts and mix well until peanuts are completely coated with dressing.
- Drizzle dressing evenly over salad and serve.