There’s nothing quite like a bowl of quinoa and greens.
And a few fresh raspberries n’ blackberries, too.
So pretty and so easy to make.
Just a few ingredients from my garden and a quick trip to the market for fresh berries.
A perfectly delicious gluten-free salad.
Great for a summer afternoon on your back deck or an evening BBQ.
Either way- it’s a winner.
Heck, I’d even serve the leftovers for dessert (without the lettuce) mixed with some almond milk and cashews. Wouldn’t ya say that’d be delish?
I think so.
Sometimes a bowl of quinoa can be a bit heavy on the belly- so I opted for a mix of fresh baby greens to add a lil’ roughage to this dish.
The secret to this quinoa salad is placing it in the fridge for 25 minutes before serving so it’s chilled and refreshing.
Dig in ladies n’ gents.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 pint organic blackberries
- 1 pint organic raspberries
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. stevia powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package. Remove from heat; set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, blackberries, raspberries, basil, mixed greens and scallions; gently toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk remaining ingredients.
- Remove quinoa salad from the fridge; drizzle with balsamic dressing.
- Serve chilled with additional lemon zest.